More than 75% of Liberty’s student body participates in the fine arts, far above the national average. Through music or the visual or dramatic arts, they extend the love of Jesus Christ. Many of our fine art students have received local and national recognition in the visual and musical arts.
The Art Club annually presents at the Paramount Theatre’s Festival of Trees and participates in many art competitions including the LCS all school art show and Indiana’s ACSI art show. Our choirs have had the privilege of singing at national sporting events and have received commendations at festivals and competitions. Many band members have been privileged to audition for and participate in the Indiana All State Orchestra. The fine arts department is a shining example of Liberty’s vision to “passionately impact the world for Christ.”
- Crystal Harris, who directs the middle school and high school choirs and the worship teams at the secondary level;
- Diane Owen, who teaches early elementary art;
- Kelly McCurry, who teaches music and directs the Lions of Judah choirs in the elementary school;
- Beth Ann Webb, who teaches art in the secondary school;
- Krista Roorbach, who directs both the elementary and secondary bands.